Kindergarten Parents – Please Read
Welcome to the wonderful world of kindergarten! The following is information you will find helpful.
NEW SCHOOL HOURS
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday Wednesday, late start
7:35 Doors Open/Breakfast starts 8:35 Doors Open/Breakfast starts
7:50 School Begins 8:50 School Begins
2:20 School Dismisses 2:20 School Dismisses
Students will be placed in classes after teachers have had the opportunity to complete kinder testing. The testing dates are September 8th and 9th here at Keizer and will happen during school hours. You will be able to set up your testing time during our Meeting and Greet Night on September 7th (see below for details) so we encourage you to attend. You will receive an automated call from the school the evening of September 10th letting you know who your child’s teacher will be!
MEET AND GREET NIGHT – SEPT 7 from 5-6:30 p.m.!
Come join us on September 7th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for our family Meet and Greet night. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet with staff, tour the school and kindergarten rooms, set up your testing times with teachers, and to ask any questions your may have about Keizer Elementary. The office will also be open to assist you as well. Please limit your party to immediate family members only and remember that masks are required. We hope to see you there!
KINDERGARTEN SMOOTH START – SEPT 13-15
This start-up schedule is designed to set up our incoming Kindergarteners for success by keeping the class sizes smaller for the first day.
Monday, September 13 is for students with last names beginning A – L.
Tuesday, September 14 is for students with last names beginning M – Z.
Wednesday, September 15 is the first day for ALL kinders.
*** All Wednesdays start one hour later, and this day is no exception.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM KEIZER ELEMENTARY
Here at Keizer Elementary we utilize multiple ways to communicate with our parents.
Online options: Find our more online.
- Keizer School Webpage: https://keizer.salkeiz.k12.or.us/ We continually add and update information on our website so please make it one of your favorites!
- Facebook: Like us on Facebook at Keizer Elementary School for current information and parent resources.
We are in the process of moving most of our communications to the Parent Squared platform which utilizes calls, texts, and emails to encourage two-way communications between teachers, parents, and the school. More information will be shared with you about this new platform, but for now here are our current mediums:
- Student Messenger Call-Outs: These calls are automated recordings from our office and will generally come to you between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. We try to limit the number calls you receive so each call will only contain important reminders and information. These calls also come to you in text/email forms.
- Remind: This is a texting feature used mostly by teachers to communicate with parents. The district will be replacing Remind with Parent Squared in December, but teachers may choose to continue using this platform after that. Again, most teachers will be encouraged to move to Parent Squared.
- Mailings and flyers: During the school year, students will bring home printed informational and event flyers. They may also bring home forms which need to be completed and returned to the school. Please check be on the look out for these easily missed items. Check your students backpack often. 😊
- Phone calls: The office staff is always available to answer your questions. Call us at 503-399-3161 anytime during office hours from 7;30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Communications only work if we have the most current phone numbers and addresses, so please contact notify the office of any changes.